How to change trading name?

Ritzy
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am looking to change my trading name for my paypal account. This is not the business name, the trading name. There is only an option to change business name(my legal business name), however nothing to change my "trading as" name.

Would I have to contact support to change this or is it set in stone now ?

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

PayPal_david

Hi there Ritzy,

I think there may be a bit of confusion here. You are not trying to change the name of your business. In order for you to be able to change the trading name on your PayPal account, please try following the steps that I have included below:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.ukand log in to your account.
  2. Click 'Profile' near the top of the page.
  3. Click 'Update' in the 'Business information' section, then click ‘Edit’.

This will give you the option to change your trading name successfully.

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

Cyborge2011
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all,

i have tried to change my name aswell followed intructions as requested, but just get an error occured, tried the other way to do it and same thing happened any ideas would be gratful thank's.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there Cyborge2011,

If you are facing difficulties trying to update the name registered on your PayPal account, you could try deleting your temporary internet files or cache and cookies from your home computer. If this doesn't work, you could try using a different web browser in order to try updating the name of your business on your account.

If you are still facing difficulties when trying to update your name, you should try contacting customer services directly in order for us to investigate it further on your behalf. We would look in to this for you and if possible, try and have your name updated on your account for you.

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

Sureflow
New Community Member

Hi

I am trying to change my trading name but the option is not there please help

I can up date the company name but not the trading one.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

BritInfluence
New Community Member

I too am unable to change my Trading name. When I click on 'Edit' under Business Information' I am able to edit my business name, and lots of the other details, but 'Trading name' does not have the option to edit or change. This seems rather strange? I would have thought that this should be easier to change than the offical business name??

Login to Me Too

Entre
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem

Login to Me Too

micsten
Contributor
Contributor

I have exactly the same problem.

No option to change the trading name.

Please advise.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi micsten,

Welcome to our Community Forum Smiley Happy

I think I can explain what's happening here.

Only business users who have self identified as legal entities (i.e. Partnership, PLC, LTD companies) will have the option to enter a trading name.

I'm afraid if you are operating as a sole-trader, you won't be able to add a trading name on your end.

micsten, would you mind checking what you have entered as your 'Business Type' for me? This might just  help us get to the bottom of what is happening here,

Conor

Login to Me Too

Eucalyptus
New Community Member

Hi,

I've been having the same problem. Mine is actually set to 'Partnership' and there's still no option to change trading name.

Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.