How to change to my married name on my Paypal account

gemster
New Community Member

Hi,

I am trying to confirm my Bank Account and got to the Direct Debit page. I got married a while ago. I have funds in my PayPal account and I want to transfer these to my Bank Account but I am worried about changing my name on my Paypal account - and don't know how to do it as my Bank Account is in my married name. I was Gemma Cole but I am now Gemma Parkes.

Can you advise please? I don't want to set up a new Paypal account under my new name and not be able to get at my funds.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

red-bay
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You'll need to supply supporting documents, such as a wedding certificate Smiley Happy

To update the name that is registered on your account, you can follow the procedure below:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click the 'Help' link at the top of the page.
3. Type 'Change Name' in the search box and click 'Search'.
4. Click on the relevant Help Topic from the list provided.
5. Click on the 'Secure Form' link in the article which will open a new page.
6. Select the option that applies to you then click 'Continue'.
7. Please review the required documents and click 'Upload Files' to upload or 'Continue to Fax Cover Sheet' to fax documents to us (Fax number 08707 303 198).
8. To upload your documentation, click 'Browse'.
9. Select the file you want to attach.
10. Click 'Open'.
11. Click 'Attach this File' and information about your file will appear in the Attachments box.
12. Repeat as many times as required, up to a total file size of 5000kb.
13. Finally, click 'Send Files to PayPal'.

Your request will be submitted to the relevant department and you will receive an email with further instructions shortly

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.