How to change priority of credit card over debit card without bank account registered.

Pashtu
Contributor
Contributor

I have one debit and one credit card on my account, how can I make the credit card the preferred one?  I have no bank account registered.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Pashtu
Contributor
Contributor

As the PayPal system always selects my debit card as the priority funding source, and I almost always have to change it to my credit card, I just wanted the system to use the credit card as the first option.  I have always thought that it prefers to use the debit card because the bank's commission is less than it is for the credit card.

It would seem the only way to make my use of the PayPal service easier is to remove the debit card entirely.

Thank you for your comments.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Dian

Hi Pashtu, 

Thank you for asking your question in our community and welcome :). 

I am afraid that you are not able to select a primary funding source. Depending on the transaction our system will make a choice on which funding source is best to complete the payment in the fastest way. If you only want to use the credit card for example you can remove the debit card form the account. You can also check the funding source at every transaction and change it there to the card that you would like to use for the transaction. This could be ways to make sure that the preferred funding source is used. 

I hope this information helps. 

Dian

Login to Me Too
Solved

Pashtu
Contributor
Contributor

As the PayPal system always selects my debit card as the priority funding source, and I almost always have to change it to my credit card, I just wanted the system to use the credit card as the first option.  I have always thought that it prefers to use the debit card because the bank's commission is less than it is for the credit card.

It would seem the only way to make my use of the PayPal service easier is to remove the debit card entirely.

Thank you for your comments.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.