How do i link my mobile number?

VictorLebza
Contributor
Contributor

I am a South African citizen and has been strugling to confirm my mobile number. My number is 0748XXXXXXX Paypay does not accept the number, i have tried the following forward withour success;

0748XXXXXX

074-8XX-XXXX

27748XXXXX

+27748XXXXXX

My country code is +27. Can youi please assist.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_Jessica

Hi VictorLebza,

Thanks for posting in the forum!

Please note that in order to protect your information, your post has been edited. Have you tried the code then 0 and your number?

Jessica 

Login to Me Too

VictorLebza
Contributor
Contributor

Hi PayPal_Jessica

I have tried your solution/workaround without success.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jessica

Sorry to hear that, Victor. 

Is your PayPal account also registered in South Africa? 

Jessica

Login to Me Too

VictorLebza
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jes

I registered the account in 2008, it's registered as a US account. How do i close the acciunt, re-register with a South African account, and transfer my funds to the new  account?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jessica

I see.  In that case, the bets thing may be to create you new account by selecting "Sign up" in the following link

Then you can send the funds to that account and close the old one going to "Profile", then My Settings and selecting Close account. Pleas make sure that you remove your financial details before you close your account. 

Hope this helps.

Jessica

Login to Me Too

VictorLebza
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jes,

Thank you for your assistance. Problem is that i want to continue using the same email address. If i open a new account with a different email address, will i be able to later on to use my current email address on the new account?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jessica

Once you close the old account, you can add the same email address to a new PayPal account 🙂

Jessica

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.