How do I set up a new account that it fits my targets?

myblogtrainer
Contributor
Contributor

With my old PP account I had the problem, that the backlink on the checkout page was not the same as the URL.

I'm not talking about the upper banner but the lower link under the box: 

Anull and go back to "link"

1st question: 

Where exactly do I control this link?

Is it

My Profile > More > Business information > Business name?

or

My Profile > More > Business information > Trading name?

2nd question:

When I set up a new account... how should I do this for having the opportunity to choose my URL for this link.

3rd question: 

How do I have to set up my account if I want to use it for different websites?

These websites are products of my company and selling different things.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

1.  If you're referring the the Cancel and return link, that's controlled by the "cancel _return" variable.   If you are using the online button creator, in Step 3 of the process (Customize advanced features) - look for "Take customers to this URL when they cancel their checkout" - check the box and fill in the URL.    If you're manually coding your item buttons, then the line of code you need would something like this:

<!-- Replace value with the web page you want the customer to return to after item cancellation -->
<input type="hidden" name="cancel_return" value="http://www.yourwebsite.com/Cancel.html">

2. It's controlled by what you code in your item button code as explained above.

3. You would use a different email address for each web site.  PayPal allows you link and confirm up to 8 email addresses to your account - any of the 8 addresses can receive funds.  You simply use a different address for each web site.  This way you know where your sales are coming from.   What you need to keep in mind is to have a neutral business name.  This way you're not confusing your customers.

Login to Me Too

myblogtrainer
Contributor
Contributor

1. Yes, the Cancel and Return link is exactly, what I'm referring to 🙂

I just don't find the Step 3 at all (Customize advanced features).

Where do I find this in the navigation?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Arda

Hi myblogtrainer,

I understand this situation can be confusing. I would contact PayPal merchant technical support team for assistance. After you submit your inquiry, you should get a response within 24 hours.

If you haven’t already created an account for the Merchant Technical Support site, please create one now. Here’s how:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/mts and click Sign Up in the top right-hand side of the window.
  2. Enter your information and click Create Account. You can use any valid email address.

After you have created your account, you can submit your question. Here’s how:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/mts and click Contact Technical Support.
  2. Fill in the form in as much detail as you can and click Continue.

I hope this info helps. Thanks for posting!

Arda

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.