How an earth do you get to talk to a human being at PayPal ?

darlolad
Contributor
Contributor

Like a recent correspondent I could not even enter my phone number which has been registered with them  since 2004. So I cannot get into the queue for a phone call from a human.

I have no dispute with any supplier or any other person in PayPal all I want to do is to remove  a credit card which was cancelled and destroyed a month ago due to fraudulant use by others? I entered my replacement card which is just a back up to a seperate bank account especially for PayPal use.My bit was simple.

Since I cannot talk to anyone ,I have to wade through all the various suggestions put forward by PayPal on it's wonderful automated system, nothing fits ?

Is anyone in PayPal land listening?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@darlolad

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent.

In the UK its free from any landline phone.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

darlolad
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, I have tried this a number of times but the waiing was over 30 minutes. It seems to be the only way but what a rubbish attitude to customers

Login to Me Too

darlolad
Contributor
Contributor

There seems to be no simple solution. PayPal just passes all the hassle onto the customer. There must be a simple way to contact a "Human" at PayPal HQ.

I will try yet again, but what I am trying to do is remove reference to a credit card which has been destroyed and therefore some  of the card details are not available to complete the removal procedure in my account. Frustrating to say the least. Should PayPal try to use that card then it will be rejected by my bank anyway. Obviously I have replaced the card with it's a new replacement but both are still shown on my account details. Simples- as the Meercat would say!

Login to Me Too

HowdoIgethelp
New Community Member

There is no telephone option..........Paypal is the worst customer service 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HowdoIgethelp

Yes there is.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

darlolad
Contributor
Contributor

hi, I sorted that out months ago and you can talk to a human eventually who was very good but what a palaver to get there?

I nearly lost the will to live.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.