How Can I Change My Bank Account Number?

Josh_Wilding
New Community Member

I recently had to change my bank account and while my sort code and account number have remained the same, everything else is obviously different. I can't see a way to change the long number where you can edit your account details on PayPal, and when I try to add it as a new account, it won't let me as the card details it asks for are obviously the same. Any help would be much appreciated! 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Maria
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi John_Wilding,

Welcome to the UK Community Forum and thanks for posting!

Just to clarify, you mention that you bank account number and sort code have remained the same but your bank account changed? Did the name of the bank change? Or was it your 16 digit card number that was updated?

If it’s your long card number that was changed, you’ll need to add the card onto PayPal. Here’s how to add a card to your account:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
  3. Click ‘My money’.
  4. Click ‘Update’ beside ‘Debit and credit cards’.
  5. Click ‘Add a Card’.
  6. Select the ‘Card Type’ and enter the required information.
  7. Click ‘Add Card’.

Once you’ve added the new card, you can remove the old one

1. Click ‘Update’ beside ‘Debit and credit cards'.
  2. Select the card you want to remove and click ‘Remove.’
  3. Review the information and then click ‘Remove.’

Hope this helps and please repost and update us!

Thanks,

Maria

Login to Me Too

maturin
Contributor
Contributor

Fine, that's all very well but what do you do when they tell you they are going to phone you to verify the change, and then at the same time tell you to choose another phone number because the one they have they cannot use 'for security reasons.

Login to Me Too

Ravin-Justine
New Community Member

My bank account number is blocked due to some reasons, and I don't have any other account number.

Can I use paypal without any account numbers?

Login to Me Too

MihaelaLukanova
New Community Member
Can i just say everything is almost correct.. just when i was searching for... "my money" i couldnt find it anywhere.. maybe they upgrade the website.. or maybe because im useing phone... so i found how to change my bank account.. by clicking on the main menu and there was a button called "Wallet" .... and many thanks 🙂 rly helpful post
Login to Me Too

ddlc1954
Contributor
Contributor

I need to change my information on the bank account.  I tried to send money this month, but it did not go through.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.