Don't show address on payment page

DON-P
Contributor
Contributor

Dear PayPal,

I have modified the payment page and I previewed the result, but my personal address is showing up beneath my business name. How do I turn this of? I just want my business name and email to show up, that's it.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You have to have an address.  (Personally I don't buy from anyone who does not display a Name, Address and Phone Number.)

Login to Me Too

DON-P
Contributor
Contributor

If i would be selling fysical products, I would agree with you on that but since I'm selling music online to customers worldwide, I don't want everybody to know where I live and they shouldn't have a reason to want to know that either.

The funny thing is, when I make a test payment on my website my address doesn't show up anywhere but when I go to the page where you can change the banner and preview it my address does show up.

But there is no way to shut this off, at all?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I may be wrong on this but i thought in the U.K that business sellers had to display their business addresses by law??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DON-P
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know, all I know is that I know some business sellers in the U.S. that don't have their address displayed. Btw, my business address is equal to my private address. That is why I'm carefull showing it to the public.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

U.S?? what does that have to do with U.K law??

I think if you are listing on ebay as a business seller you have to put your addy details on the auction but not sure about a private web-site........think you need to check that out first.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DON-P
Contributor
Contributor

Okay thank you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.