Display trading name on checkout

liiam80
New Community Member

Hi

I’ve recently created a PayPal business account as a ‘Sole Trader’.  However the payments page during checkout displays my personal name instead of my trading name. I assume this is because my bank account is in my own name and not my trading name.

Does anyone know how I can set my payments page to display my trading name and not my personal name during checkout? 

Many thanks

Liiam80

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Phorum
Contributor
Contributor

SOLVED

In my case, since I was using Opencart with PayPal in SANDBOX mode [i.e. fake transactions], it was happening.

Set it back to Operative mode [real transactions] and the PayPal page shows our logo rather than our paypal email address.

I hope this helps anyone else.

I will tell OpenCart guys about it.

Cat Happy

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

One work around for your situation would be to display a business logo graphic. 

Displaying your business and/or logo graphic on the PayPal Screens.

* Your PayPal Account must be a "Business Account". 
* The maximum size for your business and/or logo graphic is 750 pixels wide by 90 pixels high. 
* The business and/or logo graphic format can be a gif, jpg or png. 
* The business and/or logo graphic should be stored on a secure or https server. 

Note, if your business and/or logo graphic is not stored on a secure server, each time the PayPal screen is displayed, a security message will say that this page contains both secure and nonsecure items, do you want to display the nonsecure items?   This may scare of some of your customers. 

If you don't have access to a secure server, there are 3rd party services that can do this for you.   For example, check out this site, "www.sslpic.com", the service is free and works well. 

If you want to keep it simple, you can use the "cpp_header_image" variable in your button HTML code.   The line of code would look similar to the example below.   Note, you would need to include this line of code with each item and any View Cart Buttons you have. 

Code: 

<input type="hidden" name="cpp_header_image" value="https://www.yourwebsite.com/yourlogo.gif"> 

If you are using "hosting" item button code you can use the "cpp_header_image" variable in your button HTML code. 

How to modify button code using the "Advanced Variables" in Step 3. 
Note the text box near the bottom of the page.   There you can insert extra variables.

For example, to insert the "cpp_header_image" variable just enter: 

cpp_header_image=https://www.yourwebsite.com/yourlogo.jpg 

There's no HTML extras, just the name of the variable, an equal sign and the value. 

If you are using text type button links, then you need to include the following in your text link code: 

&cpp_header_image=https://www.yourwebsite.com/yourlogo.jpg 

You can also setup custom pages through your PayPal Account.   To learn more about how to setup your custom pages, download a copy of PayPal's Payments Standard Integration Guide and PayPal's Merchant Setup and Administration Guide from this link. 

Should you have everything setup properly and your business and/or logo graphic is not displaying try deleting your web browser's cookies, temp files and history.   When ever you make changes to HTML Button Code and want to test your new code, you should delete your web browser's cookies, temp files and history, then close your browser, reopen and then test.   If you don't delete the cookies, temp files and history before you test to see the new email address or business graphic logo on the PayPal Screens, you will most likely see the old information. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi liiam80,

Welcome to the Community Forum! snowshoe's steps will allow you to display your business logo which will look very sleek and professional, but you can also update your business name to show your trading name if you wish. At the moment, it sounds like your business name is registered as your personal name.

To make changes to the business name listed on your PayPal Business account, please follow these steps:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click 'Profile' near the top of the page.
  3. Click 'My business details'.
  4. Click 'Update' beside 'Business Name'.
  5. Click 'Edit'.
  6. Update your business name, then click 'Save'.

Let us know if this resolves the issue for you.

Thanks,

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Phorum
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Did you get a solution for this?

I am in the same situation!

I already did that and nothing has changed.

Is this a feature 'only' if you get a Paid PayPal  service other than standard?

It would be silly to force 90% of PayPal business customers [being very small busineses] to get a costly service only to have their business name shown.

ThanksSmiley Wink

Login to Me Too
Solved

Phorum
Contributor
Contributor

SOLVED

In my case, since I was using Opencart with PayPal in SANDBOX mode [i.e. fake transactions], it was happening.

Set it back to Operative mode [real transactions] and the PayPal page shows our logo rather than our paypal email address.

I hope this helps anyone else.

I will tell OpenCart guys about it.

Cat Happy

Login to Me Too

MissDreads
Contributor
Contributor

Hello ~ I am actually looking to do the opposite of this... or is it even possible.

I recently updated to a business PayPal and have my business able to take payment via PayPal.

But when I go to buy stuff, it puts the transaction under my business name and not my name and it's very confusing when these are personal purchases.

Is there a way to have my transactions show my personal name whereas my business still accepts payments under its name?

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

Phorum
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I have 2 PayPal accounts.

One for business - only to take payments from buyers and another private.

But you need to have 2 bank accounts and 2 cards - I do not know if you can use same Bank account and a different card would suffice - PayPal, do you know?

You could also get a PayPal card?

I did that initially.

;p]

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.