Disable Pay After Delivery

woody999000
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I have recently "Turned Off" Pay After Delivery in Paypal because I just dont like it.    I prefer to know when the money is going to leave my account instead of seeing it go at some random date a few weekes after the purchase.

My problem is that even though I have disabled it in my Paypal account it still appears when I make a purchase on Ebay and there is no way in Ebay setting to turn this off, in fact they say it is a Paypal only setting.

Can somebody please help and advise how this can be permanently disabled from my account.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance provided.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@woody999000

Seems to be happening to others so must be a ''techie glitch''.

Just make sure you don't select the option when you checkout using paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@woody999000

Seems to be happening to others so must be a ''techie glitch''.

Just make sure you don't select the option when you checkout using paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

woody999000
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, I thought it was something I was doing.  Hope they get it fixed soon.

Login to Me Too

Geoff555
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everybody, just joined , have been using paypal for years, I have the same problem, don't want and didn't authorise the delayed payment option. If I supply something then I don't exspect a delayed payment ( non buiness use).

I have tried to stop this and can not.

Tried to contact pp and got the standard autimated reply. Useless.

Sorry for rant but simply frustrated, being unable to control how I pay.

Cheers.

Geoff.

Login to Me Too

Bigbum
Contributor
Contributor

Having same problem...called paypal and had a 20 min conversation with someone that could not help me! Anybody got any answers?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Geoff555

Think you are a bit mixed up, if you are the seller then it makes no difference to you, you get credited instantly by paypal its just that paypal gives the buyer more time to pay before they take the funds from their bank account.

Its just called pay after delivery because often the item turns up before the funds leave the buyers account but you as a seller would not know if the buyer was using it or not as it is between them and paypal.

So if you are having funds delayed then it sounds like the ''new seller hold'' which is completely different to PAD and which all new sellers go through. The sooner you send trackable the sooner the funds are released.

OR it could be an echeque? If so come back for more info. eg did they give you a clearance date and are the funds pending IN your paypal balance or not?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Geoff555
Contributor
Contributor

Hello sorry perhaps I did not make myself clear. I am the buyer, the people I am buying from have said that they have not received payment, paypal states that they have paid.

They have been paid, they have not received payment ----- they have been paid etc. etc. Like a merry go round with me stuck in the middle.

Paypal have advised me via the latest phone call (yet again) that the only way to progress the matter is to open up a dispute.

Goods not received!!!!! This I have now done.

The other matter was that a delayed with drawel of funds,  payment on things I have bought from the begining of December was instigated by paypal, I was not asked and did not agree to it.

Paypal finally agreed to stop this, saying that it ( the delayed fund withdrawel)  was done because 'most people wanted it', well I am not most people, I want the money I owe paid imediately, so I know where I am. 

Threatened to close the account if it was not sorted.

I make hundreds of transactions with PP and things being changed and not being informed is not on.

Again sorry if not clear but very very anoyed about this.

We will see.

Cheers.

Geoff.

Login to Me Too

Ohada08
Contributor
Contributor
I have the pay after delivery function disabled, but my recent time purchases have all been pay after delivery for some reason. This is very annoying and I don't want it.
Login to Me Too

Kaptjimmy
Contributor
Contributor

posted in wrong place...ignore...

Login to Me Too

4pumpernickel1
Contributor
Contributor

i AM AMONG THE RANKS OF THE FRUSTRATED, AND ANNOYED AT HAVING PAY-AFTER-DELIVERY IMPOSED ON ME WITHOUT MY CONSENT.  This forum cheerfully says "Solve! Go to Solution." 

What solution!!!! None given.  Paypal 'customer service' opaque and outrageously unhelpful.

Ludlovian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.