Desperately trying to change my card details

Jennieb
New Community Member

I have been trying to tell PayPal that the card number they have stored for me is now defunct.  All I want to do is to tell them what the new card number is.  How hard should it be?

I have spent three hours on and off trying to sort this out and now I'm giving up!!  I have reached the point of 'couldn't give a nutmeg'   Paypal can keep it!  I've had enough!  Jen

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Maria
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Jennieb,

Welcome to the UK Community Forum and thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear that you’re having difficulty updating your card. Can you please repost and let me know if you have tried these steps to add your new card?

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
  3. Click ‘My money’.
  4. Click ‘Update’ beside ‘Debit and credit cards’.
  5. Click ‘Add a Card’.
  6. Select the ‘Card Type’ and enter the required information.
  7. Click ‘Add Card’.

I always recommend adding the new card before trying to remove the old defunct card. Please update us if the steps above help.

Thanks,

Maria 

Login to Me Too

BRG
New Community Member

Hi Jen

I'm having exactly the same problem as you.

I've been going round and round in circles on their website for so long, my head is in danger of disappearing up my own ****!

All I want to do is enter a new card number, for Christ's sake!

I no longer have the card entered on their system, so I can't give them its full number.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Maria
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi BRG,

Thanks for posting on the UK Community Forum!

Just checking, did you try using the steps I outlined in the post above to add your new card before removing the old card? Did this help resolve the issue for you?

Please repost and update us if you get a chance!

Thanks,

Maria 

Login to Me Too

lisa35
Contributor
Contributor

i have the same problem, the details they have (from years ago) have been changed, cant even log into my old account, sighs 😞

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi lisa35,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having. If you're still unable to log in, I'd recommend trying to recover your password.

You can do this by clicking on 'Forgot?' in the Password box on the front page of the website, and then 'Get started'. You'll then have the option to select 'I've forgotten my password', and you can then follow the steps to gain access again.

You can also contact us directly by phone for a quick resolution. You can find our contact details by clicking on 'Contact us' at the bottom of the page. Please let us know if this works for you!

Thanks,

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.