DEBIT CARD REFUSED

NOUR360
Contributor
Contributor

When i come to link my card to my Paypal account i get an alert that my card is refused and i have to check and use another card, but my debit card works well when i use it in the bank.

i though the problem was on the address of payment, i found it on my registration paper in one line, i put all the infos in different input zones in the new address form, but when i use the address to include my card it refuse the card, all other infos are right.

could anyone helps solving this issue? i am in tunisia and i hope my location won't be a problem for the Paypal platform.

Thanks to everyone in advance.

Nour.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Jessica

Hi NOUR360,

Thanks for posting in the forum and apologies for the delay.  If you live in Tunisia and your PayPal account is registered there, but you have changed your billing address, you can follow these steps to update the information in PayPal:

1.     Log in to your account.

2.     Click Wallet near the top of the page.

3.     Under 'Credit and debit cards', click on the card you'd like to update.

4.     Click Edit next to the card you would like to update.

Thanks,

Jessica

Login to Me Too

NOUR360
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Jessica, thank you for you response,

i wonder if you have an idea about my situation

no card linked on my wallet yet, when i try to link a card i enter all required infos then i get an alert saying

"This card is not accepted. Please use a different card." and my card works well in the bank, i thought Paypal has a problem with my country but receantly i heard about the ability of Paypal access to tunisian bank accounts.

if you have any idea that helps, thank you in advance.

Nour.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jessica

Hi again NOUR360,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues to add a card. At the moment, customers in Tunisia can add debit or credit cards with a MasterCard, Visa or American Express logo. Have you checked with the card issuer if the card can be used for online payments? 

The best option may be to call the number on the back of the card and ask to speak to the online authorisation team. They should be able to confirm this.  If they confirm that there are not issues on their side, please reach out to us from the Contact link in your PayPal account.  You can also send us a message via Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK or through Twitter on @AskPayPal so that we can help you to follow up on this.

Thanks,

Jessica

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.