Credit Card Change

SabahRunner
Contributor
Contributor

Both my recorded credit cards have been changed after a recent theft. The new ones now have new numbers. I went to Profile/Money to change them, but can't see how to change the numbers!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

To add a Credit or Debit Card:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Profile near the top of the page.
  3. Click My money.
  4. In the ‘Debit and credit cards’ section, click Update.
  5. Click Add a Card.
  6. Select the Card Type and enter the required information.
  7. Click Add Card.

Note:

• Some merchants can't accept American Express cards, so please consider adding another card type
  • Each card can only be registered to one PayPal account
  • You can add up to 8 credit or debit cards to your PayPal account.

To edit a Credit or Debit Card:(To change your card’s expiry date)

3. Click My money.
  5. Click Edit next to the card you want to update.
  6. Enter the expiry date.
  7. Enter your card’s security code and click Save.

Note: If you need to update your debit card's start date or issue number, you must remove the card and then add it again with the updated information.

To remove a Credit or Debit Card:

3. Click My money.
  5. Select the card you want to remove and click Remove.
  6. Review the information and then click Remove.

Note: If the card is the designated back-up funding source for a PayPal payment that is currently in process, then you won’t be able to remove it until the payment completes.       

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

VinnyVanGogh
Contributor
Contributor

My renewal credit card was sent out by HSBC UK, it never arrived. I contacted teh lost or stolen section by phone and was sent a replacement a few days later. The old number is cancelled.

In PP I went through the update process - it rejects the card saying its the wrong number for the type of card ( Mastercard) or a digit is missing.  It is the normal 16 digit number, I tried with and without spaced or - between the groups of four...same result.

The card is activated, working and used  on various website to update my methods of payments- without problem.

Co-incidentally, Apple also reject and give the same reason. Both Apple and PP are UK accounts. Apple at least send replies which are totally useless..but at least they are contactable. I have  yet to find a way to get any support from PP on this.

Has anybody had this problem and resolved it?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi VinnyVanGogh,

Welcome to the Community Forum! Sorry to hear about the issues you're having. Can you please let us know if you are still experiencing this difficulty? I'd recommend going ahead and adding the card again as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.