Changing Primary Email Address Failure

Confusedathome
New Community Member

I have been trying to change my primary email address for some time now. I have added a new email address, which I now use to log in with, and have done so for many years.

When I go to settings, the primary email address has options to delete or update. However when clicking on either of these it tells me I cannot amend the primary email address.

I can no longer access this email address, and have had to contact vendors chasing vouchers etc which come by email - because they are using this old address...

I have read the forums but all the suggested fixes are for an older version of paypal so do not work for me.

Help!

I should also mention, that when I purchase something, confirmation emails go to the correct (new) address...

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Confusedathome
New Community Member

MilsandHills
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the exact same problem! I can't believe Paypal hasn't fixed something like this. Huge pain in the **bleep**. 

Login to Me Too

RevChris
Contributor
Contributor

I am also experiencing the same problem. I have not used my 'primary' e-mail address for over 5 years now, yet I still cannot change it and miss out on all the notifications etc that you have mentioned. Please - can we find a fix for this situation.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi All,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

When you add a new email address to your account you need to choose to make this primary before removing or editing the old primary address. Once you have confirmed the new email you can choose to make it primary by clicking the 'edit' button and ticking the box marked ' Make this my primary email address for receiving notifications ' .

I hope this helps.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Jacki1234
New Community Member

Ive tried that and it doesn't work. Sort it out PayPal 

Login to Me Too

Penny4
Contributor
Contributor

I've been trying to do this as a new post but I think I've added it as a reply. Anyway...

The most recent posts I found on this topic are dated Feb 2017 over a month ago. I'm still having the same problem. Has it not yet been fixed? I cannot change my primary email. My old email will disappear fairly soon. I have register the new one and confirmed it, and can use it, but anyone contacting me via PayPal still gets the old address because I cannot change it. The tick box is there. It's no problem to find out what I'm supposed to do to change it, but just like all other people posting on this, I find the process fails at the last hurdle.

what really worries me was to see people talking about problems going on for years. Is this going to be fixed?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.