Change preferred payment methods

hammysg1
Contributor
Contributor

I am having trouble using the instructions for changing the default preferred payment method.  I have a positive paypal balance that I can use to buy stuff and I have a credit card linked to my account.  I want to make the credit balance be the preferred way of paying for goods, rather than the credit card.  All the posts say to do this:

1. Click Wallet.
  2. Under Payment Methods, click  the payment method (your card, bank, or balance) you would like to make your preferred payment method.
  3. Click Make this preferred when paying online

But when I go to wallet, there is no heading of 'payment methods' that I can see.  It only shows icons of my credit card and my paypal balance, and the only options seem to be to add or withdraw money, or to edit the credit card.

This is driving me mad because I know that 6 months ago I changed the default preferred method from my balance to my credit card but I cannot now change it back.

Can anyone help?  I have attached a screenshot here of what I see when I go to my wallet.  Am I being really thick and just missing some really big "Payment methods" tab, that i just can't see because it is too obvious or something?

Untitled.jpg

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hammysg1

Its not in wallet, try this  >>

Click on profile / settings (cog icon next to log out).

Click on 'payments' in the blue strip at the top.

2nd down is your preferred way to pay.

Click on change next to online payments and select your balance.

Done  Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hammysg1

Its not in wallet, try this  >>

Click on profile / settings (cog icon next to log out).

Click on 'payments' in the blue strip at the top.

2nd down is your preferred way to pay.

Click on change next to online payments and select your balance.

Done  Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

hammysg1
Contributor
Contributor

That's exactly it, it works perfectly! 

Thank you so much, I've spent hours going round in circles looking for the right place. 

Thanks again for your speedy help.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.