Change of address to abroad (outside UK and US)

mariaque
New Community Member

Hello,

I wanted to update my paypal details and change my address. Although I can edit the address, postcode, city, etc, I cannot change the country! Yet I have moved to Italy. This obviously also affects the new bank details I'd like to enter. What should I do?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
73 REPLIES 73

PayPal_david

Hi there Mariaque,

Although the PayPal system is available in over 190 countries worldwide, it is not possible to change the country that your PayPal account is registered in. It is also not possible to register financial information to a PayPal account if they were opened in a different country that your PayPal account is active in.

My best advice for you would be to consider registering an account in Italy. By doing this, you would then be able to register your address in Italy and you would also be able to register any financial information that has been opened in Italy.

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

Jackiek
New Community Member

I too have moved from the UK to Australia.  I have been trying to find out what to do to update my details.  I was glad to see this post!  However, if I open a new paypal account in Australia, will this account also log in with my email address?  I only have the one email address.  Do I have to close the UK paypal account?  Also, can you tell me how the paypal account will work with my ebay account?  Many thanks

Login to Me Too

RozzBurrows
New Community Member

I live in the US now but my account is registered to the UK, how do I change this so I can use my US credit card?

Login to Me Too

fatboyslick
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

did you solve this?

Login to Me Too

Aparato
Contributor
Contributor

the only solution is not to use PayPal !!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi fatboyslick,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

Let me explain the process. PayPal is regulated based on a banking license and also needs to oblige to local banking agreements in every country which means that the country of registration can’t be changed.

When you move to a new country you would need to open a new PayPal account, registered under new local postal address and use new, local financial information like cards and bank accounts.

Hope it explains the process.

If you have any account specific questions, we also provide support via Social Media (24/7). You can contact us directly on Twitter @AskPayPal or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK.

Anna

Login to Me Too

fatboyslick
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you

As a side note, how the **bleep** does this forum work because it's hugely confusing as to what is a thread and a post

Login to Me Too

Aparato
Contributor
Contributor

Still trolling out the same old company mantra .. don't you droids ever listen? (try reading this entire thread for a start). The world does exist outside the US, here in Europe we move from country to country as we wish - and a lot of us keep our original banks (often out of necessity).

What you describe was ok in say, the 19th century or the early 20th but not the 21st. There is absolutely no reason  at all why someone cannot live in one country and bank in another -- if it's OK for Amazon, Visa, Mastercard, All UK banks and Building Societies etc. what is it that makes PayPal so different? (indifference I guess because it sure isn't customer service or satisfaction)

Yours disgustedly

Login to Me Too

PhilLambert

Thanks Anna

I too have been transferred to France for a short time, and whilst I understand and appreciate the local banking law statement, PayPal will not allow me to add a secondary address (which if I could, I would designate that as my preferred delivery address until such time as I return back to Oz) outside of Australia?

This would save time, as others have mentioned, in having to add a delivery address each time one puchased items using PayPal?

Would you agree?

Regards,

Phil

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.