Change bank details from card to account

Chuckstar84
Contributor
Contributor
Hey people. I am trying to withdraw money from my PayPal account to my bank, however i get an error message saying I do not have a ban account linked to my paypal account. My details are saved as a card and when I go to add this as an account, I get an error saying I already have it linked to a PayPal account. I have also tried removing my bank card from my account but I still get the same error message. I only have one PayPal account and have never withdrawn any money from it until now. How do I go about changing my bank card details to a bank account. Thanks in advance.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chuckstar84

You need to add your bank account and not a debit card. You can't withdraw to a debit card in the UK only to a bank account.

You need to click on wallet and add your bank account and then confirm it with the 4 digit code. It sets up the direct debit mandate on your online banking but that is only used when you pay a seller using bank transfer. If you want to continue using your debit card to pay sellers then just click on ''change'' during the payment process and select the card instead as your bank account will be the default funding source once added.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Chuckstar84
Contributor
Contributor
Hey. The account I have linked as bank card is a debit card. How do I change this to an account on PayPal then? Thanks
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chuckstar84

I know the debit card you have linked is also linked to your bank account.

However I stated that you can't withdraw to a CARD, you can only withdraw to a linked BANK ACCOUNT.

You need to actually link your bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Chuckstar84
Contributor
Contributor
Ok thanks. In which case it looks like I've got my account linked to another PayPal account. I'll have to speak with them to get it removed. Thanks for the advice.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.