Cant make an email primary

Stobor
New Community Member

Hi,

I browsed a bit but didnt find anyone with th same problem. When trying to add another email (second one) i get the message "This e-mail address is already in use. Please select another e-mail address." and it is, i get email when i make transactions using this paypal account, but its not shown in Add/Edit email tab so i cant make it primary.

I created this account long time ago and abandoned the "primary" email which this paypal account is "tied" to. I rember something about tieing my old (russian email) to my new gmail one which i use now, maybe it helps understand the problem.

In the end i just want to change my primary email but its not shown in edit email tab and i cant add it becuase its already in use.

Pardon my english.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Stobor,

Welcome to the community forum. 

Thanks for posting. It's strange that you cannot see the email address in your profile section if it is on the account. It may possibly be added to another account which would give you this same error. 

I'd recommend getting in touch with our customer support to get this resolved. You can click contact at the end of any page or you'll find us on Facebook www.Facebook.com/PayPalUK or on Twitter @AskPayPal. 

I hope we can get this sorted for you quickly. 

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.