A bit confused about bank account name

fxyz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! I'm in the process of verifying my account and where it said Bank Account Name I wrote my full name eg Hannah <Removed>. Is this correct? Or should I have written Miss H Smith?

I also withdrew money to my account with the name Hannah <Removed> and it is Completed - will my funds be transferred safely? Or will they be rejected if my name is incorrect. Basically, should I have used Miss H Smith?

Thanks! And sorry if I sound very confused! Lol

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_paula

Hi fxyz, 

When you are confirming your bank account you will be prompted to enter your full name. Generally your bank will accept the direct debit mandate or funds if the name on your bank account is a shortened version of your name. If they are not willing to accept it your will be notified via email and requested to set it up again to match the name on your account however I can not see any issue as the name on your account ai the same name just using your initial. 

Please keep us post 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Pam7040
New Community Member

I am in a similar situation.  I have signed up for verification, and Direct debit but my bank account is a joint one.  Direct debit template would only allow me to enter my first name and surname, not my middle name or my husband's full name which are the names on the account.  I hope that this wont affect my direct debit or 2 small payments.  It isn't helpful that Paypal's template doesn't allow one to type in the full name of the account holders.

I don't want to be charged for a bounce when I wasn't able to put in the correct information.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jamie

For some customers, when they are receiving an error message it is because the bank account is already registered to another PayPal account. Is it possible that your bank account could be registered to anyone else's PayPal account? 

Also you can get this error message, if the bank account you are registering is not suitable to be used on PayPal, for example, you cannot add a savings account to your PayPal account. 

I understand that you may not want to call our customer service team but this is the best way to get it resolved. 

Jamie

Login to Me Too

Steverags
New Community Member

I have tried several times to add a bank account but every time I get the message

We're sorry, we're not able to process your request. Please try again later.

all numbers are correct and tried over several days with the same message 😞

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dian

Hi Steverags. I have moved your message as I thought the information here might help :). 

Dian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.