Can;t remove old account details due to a pending transaction.

pspkiller91
New Community Member
Hi all. I've recently gotten a new current account meaning I need to update my details on my PayPal account. I'm trying to remove by old bank account and card but I cannot remove them. the error message I get is: "You cannot remove this bank account because it currently has a pending transaction. This transaction may take up to 5-7 days to complete, at which time you will be able to remove the bank account. Please try again after the transaction has been completed." Now, as far as I know I have no pending transactions. I've checked through my entire account profile but I cannot find anything anywhere about a pending transaction. As for removing my old card I get a similar error message. I have added my new card. The error message is: "You may not remove your back-up funding source while an Instant Bank Transfer is still pending." Again, I've searched high and low but I cannot find any record anywhere of a prending transaction. What is going on here?
Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

PayPal_david

Hi there Pspkiller91,

What you need to do is check the 'History' section on your account in order to see if there are any instant transfers pending. When you are on the history page, you can then click the 'All Activity with Balance' icon. This will then give you a complete breakdown of your recent transactions and you should see if there are any pending on your account.

If you don't see any pending payments from your account, you should contact customer services directly and we can try to assist you in removing your bank account from your PayPal account.

David.

Login to Me Too

colskawa
New Community Member

ive tried what you instructed to do and there is nothing i shouldnt have to call and cost me more money than paypal already gets off me with my sales they should have it all in order is there anything else i can try

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there colskawa,

We are unable to discuss specific account information on the forum therefore if you have tried the previous advice need further assistance you will need to contact us directly.

If you don't wish to call you can email us by clicking on the contact us link at the bottom of any PayPal page.

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

0691jrs
New Community Member

PayPal_Wayne

Hi there 0691jrs,

What you will need to do is add a new address with Wiltshire in it, once you have done this you can safely remove the address containing Oxfordshire.

Here’s how to add an address:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
  3. Click 'Update' beside 'Address.'
  4. Click 'Add address.'
  5. Enter your address and click ‘Save.'

Here’s how to remove an address:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
  3. Click 'Update' beside 'Address.'
  4. Click 'Remove' under the address you want to remove.

Wayne

Login to Me Too

Silvermeow
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried everything so far besides closing the bank account itself and then attempting to remove it. Have you prehaps done this successfully?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dian

Hi Silvermeow, 

Thanks you for posting your question on our Community. 

I am sorry to see that you did not get a reply yet. I understand that you are not able to remove your old bank account. In some cases there are still some payments pending and it would mean that the bank account is linked to these payments as a back-up funding source. You should be able to remove the bank when all the transactions are completed. 

If all transactions show as complete and you are still not able to remove the bank I would advise to contact us so we can help you. Just click 'contact' at the bottom of a PayPal page to get our number. You can also contact us on Facebook www.Facebook.com/PayPalUK and on Twitter @AskPayPal .

Dian

Login to Me Too

Silvermeow
Contributor
Contributor

Listen I made an account here and did all this crap not because I'm impatient but because there is no pending transaction. It's been months.

Login to Me Too

aebuell
Contributor
Contributor

I agree, in the past I have had two checking accounts that I stopped using and wanted to remove from PayPal. Both times, I literally tried for 1-2 years to remove the account, always getting the same message regarding "pending transactions". This seems like a horrible bug. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.