Can't re-enter bank account info?

ElliePrice13
Contributor
Contributor

Okay so basically;

I bought an item online and for some reason my bank account had an error with the transfer through paypal so it got charged straight to my card. That was all fine, but during the process my bank account was removed from paypal 😞

I have £70 in my paypal account from something s that I need to transfer into my bank, so I tried to re-enter the information but I get an error message saying "This bank is already linked to a paypal account", even though it isn't?!

I've tried contacting paypal but they just sent an automated response about initially setting up a link between my bank and paypal accounts.

Please help!

Thank you,

Ellie 🙂

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

lovinglou
Contributor
Contributor

I have got excactly the same problem !!!!  from date 12th June, 2011.   I've rang my bank and they said that there is nothing against my account not even an attempet to take the money in the first place  !!!!   I think paypal was having a bad day lol  but now just like you (Ellie)  I havn't got an account  :'(     I hope somebody can help us x

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi guys,

In the event of a payment failing from a customers bank account, it could result in the bank account being removed from your PayPal account as the direct debit has been cancelled.

We should be able to reset your bank account for you so that you can register the information again on your PayPal account. You would need to contact us first and we can then have the information reset for you so that you can register the information again on your account.

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

chris1988uk
Contributor
Contributor

I have had this same problem at the moment i am waiting for my bank card to be reverified will this corrent the problem or will i still need to contact paypal to get my bank sorted.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.