Can't (re)add debit card to paypal acc

lbettencourt
New Community Member
I've had my debit Maestro card linked to my paypal account once, however when it was time to confirm it via the 4 digit code they supposedly send to my bank account, I wasn't able to do so because the code only had 3 digits. I sent an email to the customer service explaining what happened and haven't still heard back after four days. However the next time I logged into my paypal account (after I sent the email) my debit card register was gone. I tried adding it again, but even though I hit save and get an email saying that it was added, no card shows up on my account. How can I solve this?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Sophie

Hi lbettencourt.

Thanks for posting on the Community Forum and sorry to hear about this.

It sounds like there is a number missing from what's showing on your bank statement, as we would only send a code with 4 digits. If you are still running into issues, we should be able to manually confirm the card if you can provide us some additional information. Here’s what we need from you to manually verify your card:

• A copy of a government issued photo identification such as a passport or driver's licence. 
  • A copy of the debit card or credit card statement that shows at least the last four digits of the card, your name and your postal address matching the address registered in your PayPal account.

You can upload this information by going to https://www.paypal.com/confirmcard and following the instructions for uploading the information.

After you have done this, I'd advise contacting Customer Support by phone to follow up on your request. You can find our contact details by clicking the 'Contact' option at the bottom of any page when logged in.

Hope this helps!
Sophie
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.