Can't connect Paypal to Bank account.

thomas_kr
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I created my account on 2013 (didn't add a bank account at that time) and havent used my paypal account since. I logged in today to update all my information in order to use the Paypal ccount. I have connected my debit card (visa). In order to top up my paypal account the system says I need to link a bank account. I type in my IBAN but the system says that I have entered an invalid IBAN. The bank I am trying to connect is HSBC (UK branch). I am using the IBAN that is on my bank statement. What Should I do?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Anna

Hi thomas_kr,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

We’re sorry to hear about the challenge.

Please make sure that you IBAN include the country code GB at the beginning. Some banks don’t add this code on the bank statements. It should be 22 characters all together. Additionally please remove any spaces in the IBAN and try to type in the number instead of coping and pasting.

If the issue will persist, please consider calling our PayPal Customer Services by clicking onto Contact us on any PayPal page as they will be able to add the bank account manually.

Hope it will get resolved soon.

Anna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.