Can't confirm business bank account. Checked with bank - paypal error.

HelenAasa
Contributor
Contributor

Now, this is a legit issue. Until the person managing the software engineers isn't notified/doesn't admit the problem, or til the software engineers actually take a look at it, it will exist. 

Now, please don't take my bold types and capitals as screaming - I'm just trying to emphasize a few things which would maybe otherwise go unnoticed. 

Now, I've been trying to solve it for over a month , and all the helpdesk people have been (sadly to say) useless, until the one I spoke to today. BIG KUDOS to Cathrine (or however her name is spelled) who accepted my call in Europe and actually listened to hear, not to just reply. And with her help we came to conclusion - THIS IS FAULT in the system. She cannot correct it, nor can i. It's systematic information misplacement that only engineers can fix in the backend. So what exactly is happening? The system is mixing together the PayPal account manager's personal name and bank account no of the business. Now, since i'm the field of communication and i can see that words can't paint the picture, here's a step by step explanation, kinda of an infographic of the problem I, and probably a lot of other people are experiencing.  So here it goes....  (sorry for the typos, i've already wasted too much time trying to explain it over and over again). 

1.JPG

2.JPG

3x.JPG

Now, as far as i  and the company accountants know, according to the EU legislation, the business account owner can solely be THE BUSINESS. That means, that you CANNOT SEND MONEY TO A BUSINESS ACCOUNT IF YOU ADD A PERSON's NAME. the bank will reject it because in their system the business account holder is the business, not a single person. Only the business itself can be the owner of the account.

If there are more people in the community with the same problem... speak up!

I was told that the problem will be escalated to product managers only if a large number of complaints go in, and in order for them to understand the core issue, just please paste these images or make your own and use this text if you need to. Otherwise, they won't get it. I bet you are having the exact same issue, you just haven't managed to communicate it good enough or haven't had a good helpdesk person to listen and understand and try to solve it. 

So.. did i explain that enough? Do i need a special letter from the bank so you would believe me? Or you know it's a problem but you just don't care to take a look at it/fix it? It's fine if you don't care about it and not even planning to fix it. Just let me know what's your stand here? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HelenAasa

Send it to customer services, no one on here can deal with it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

HelenAasa
Contributor
Contributor

They ignore it. Thought if I find more people dealing with the same issue, perhaps they'd actually do smth about it. There are a lot of posts in this community that are addressed to the helpdesk too. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.