Can't add Visa Debit

Tritolite
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Support!

I'm getting the message "Check your card details and try again." when trying to add a Visa Debit card. 

I've recently created an account and added a UK bank account, however I cannot add the related card.

The card details are correct as I use them for payments on a regular basis.

I also confirmed with my bank that the address is correct.

My question is: Where to does PayPal ping to check whether the card details are correct? I need to verify that the correct address exists in this location, or I will not be able to add the card.

Yours truly,

Robert

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_david

Hi there Tritolite.

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you regarding this.

If you are receiving this error message when trying to add your card, you should try to ensure that you are adding the card as one 16 digit number and don't enter spaces similar to how it shows on the card.

You may also need to have a small balance on your card when trying to add your card. This would be as PayPal may send a small charge to the card to ensure that the card is processing payments successfully.

David.

Login to Me Too

Tritolite
Contributor
Contributor

Hi David, 

Thanks for your response. I've ruled out both the suggested issues. The number is entered as 16 connected digits, and funds are available on the card.

Best regards,

Robert

Login to Me Too

PayPal_DavidR

Hi Tritolite,

Have you tried contacting your bank as they could be declining our requests to verify the card. If this does not help I recommend reaching out to our customer service on Facebook or Twitter. They can be reached on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK/ or you can Tweet @AskPayPal.

-David R

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.