Can not confirm email address - confirmation No. does not work!

noimnothappy
Contributor
Contributor

I have added a new email address to my account. I received the confirm address email and regardless of whether I follow the link or cut and paste the 20 digit number I get the error message:

"The confirmation number you have entered does not match our records for this account. Please check the number and try again." - unfortunately, there is no option to say I've checked it umpteen times now it's your turn PayPal!

I have tried removing the email address and adding it again but get the same result. Can anyone shed any light on this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Stew

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

izzynogood
New Community Member

i tried this and it worked. when asked for your password after clicking the link on the email, enter a wrong passwork purposely. then enter the right password. they didnt ask for any confirmation code after that. it should work on any browser, havent checked though.

Login to Me Too

DarthCentric
New Community Member

I can confirm that typing in the wrong password after clicking the link and then typing in the corect one worked for me

Login to Me Too

wilke2003

Ugh! I've had this problem for two years. Cannot confirm email address. Tried every iteration of clicking link in email with no luck. 

And now I've tried the using the wrong password then using the right password, but I still get the error page. Grr! I have money in limbo because I couldn't confirm the address. 

Login to Me Too

KC7HP
New Community Member

Finally successfully confirmed several email addresses:

a) Internet Explorer 11 on Windows PC (not Firefox or Opera or whatever flavor IE I have on home Windows PC)

b) use the first link in the PP confirmation email ("use this link if below does not work") not the second longer link

c) log in with the email address to be confirmed (not primary login address as my form-filler wants to do)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.