Can I use my unverified credit card to bay items on ebay

lelvivien
Contributor
Contributor

Good day,
i have a trouble getin my credit card verified on paypall, so my account stat is unverified.
i want to know if i can use my credit card to bay directly items on ebay without using paypall from sellers that accept this payement method.
and if it is possible, what cind of protection you give to the bayer.

thnx.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you have the option to pay as a guest, then you could use the card.  Paying as a guest does not go thru your PayPal Account so you would not have record of the purchase in your Account History.  

As for protection using this method, there's two options:

First suggestion - contact PayPal's Customer Service, explain your issue. Customer Support will then assign a Transaction ID to identity your purchase.  Once you have the Transaction ID, you can then open a Dispute in the Resolution Center from within your Account.

As a backup to the Resolution Process, should PayPal not decide in your favor, you could then go forward and contact your credit card issuer for assistance as they may be able to do a chargeback for you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.