CLOSE ACCOUNT. Need to change address country.

chelleloreto
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, having a problem closing my account? I get right to the last step and then get this message:

We're sorry. There's been an intermittent communication problem. Please try again later.

It's been telling me this for a week now. I've also tried using the email system but the page won't load, or it just redirects me back to the general "Contact Us" page. Very frustrating! 

I just want to close my account so I can open a new one as I have moved countries.

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

PayPal_david

Hi Chelleloreto,

Can I ask what browser you are using when you are trying to close your PayPal account? Could you try using a different browser and also try deleting your cache and cookies in order to see if this helps you with closing your PayPal account.

David.

Login to Me Too

importpartssour
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried closing my account for 2 days in a row now.

It keeps saying "We're sorry. There's been an intermittent communication problem. Please try again later."

What can I do??

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there Importpartssour,

If you are still facing difficulties when trying to close your PayPal account, please try contacting us directly and we can try to assist you further with getting your PayPal account closed.

I can't see your account so I can't be sure what exactly the issue is. By contacting us, we can try to assist you further with getting your account closed.

David.

Login to Me Too

importpartssour
Contributor
Contributor

Hi David thanks for responding. I called in yesterday and the gentleman I talked to said that its most likely because there are alot of updates going on and to try the next day. So I waited until today and tried again and sure enough I got the same message. My paypal is importpartssource (at) yahoo (dot) com if you can look into it. Or feel free to email me.

Login to Me Too

importpartssour
Contributor
Contributor

Any word on this? I am getting an odd feeling this is some weird thing that paypal does to not allow users to close their accounts...

Login to Me Too

Stu0000
New Community Member

I've been getting the same issue for over a week - browser and OS isn't the problem nor are PayPal updates. The final button logs the user out hense the "We're sorry. There's been an intermittent communication problem. Please try again later."

Basicly, PayPal is keeping your and my details without our consent.

Login to Me Too

alpappy
New Community Member

I have the same  Just like all USA based companies arrogant and heavy handed  Lied to me when I phoned

Login to Me Too

alpappy
New Community Member

I moved from uk  and was told to close my account  every time I try I get the same errot that there is a communicartion error and the account  cannot be closed  I spoke to paypal and returned an email they sent me to do this  But it still is not closed  I feel they are trying to force me to keep it open  why!!!!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi alpappy, 

We are currently experiencing an error with the closure of some PayPal accounts. Please understand that this is not a reflection on your account. 

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused and rest assured our technical team are working to resolve it and should have it resolved soon.

I hope this helps

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.