Bank Accidentaly Canceled my Direct Debit and I need to reinstate it

flowerpot
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

My bank accidentally canceled all my direct debits. I have tried to re set up this paypal one but to do so I would need to cancel the first one. It won't let me because I have a pending payment. As far as I'm concerned this pending payment is going to bounce because my bank cannot reinstate the direct debit. What should I do? They also accidentally canceled my debit card so the only way I could make the payment is by credit card but it won't let me make a payment right now because it says it's coming out via direct debit!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You need to remove your bank account from your paypal account and then start the process of re-adding it and verifying it and that will re-state the direct debit.

Do you have a back up credit card on paypal? If so then if the bank transfer fails then they will try again a few days later and if that fails they will try your bank up card.

If in the meantime you can remove and add your bank account and start the verification process they may wait for that to finish to take your money OR your account may go into negative and once your bank account is verified you can use the add funds option to transfer funds to your paypal account and remove the neg.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

flowerpot
Contributor
Contributor

Is this going to affect my credit rating? I shall add my credit card details but it's not letting me cancel the current direct debit as it keeps saying it's processing a payment.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.