Applying for Merchant Rates

gmsc
Contributor
Contributor

I applied for merchant rates on first of June, received a message saying it would take 3 working days. More than two weeks later, still waiting. Is it always like this?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

gmsc
Contributor
Contributor

In May I was advised to wait till the first of the month and apply for merchant rates, based on high turnover in May and expected higher turnover in June.

On 1st June PayPal wrote " You should receive a response from us within three working days after we receive all necessary documentation."

On 16th June, after 16 days and four phone calls, I am still waiting for a response.

Why?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi adatherton and welcome back, 

Sorry to hear that you are unable to locate the option to apply. In this case I would recommend to give us a call. We can then submit the request for you. To call us just click on the "help/contact" is link at the bottom of any PayPal page. 

Thanks for posting 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there gmsc,

When you apply for merchant rates you should receive a response within 2-3 working days.

I would advise that you contact us directly to discuss account specific information, you can call us by clicking on the contact us link at the bottom of any PayPal page.

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

fair-shop
Contributor
Contributor

hi

I want to apply for merchant rates but can't find where and how to do it.  don't want to call the 0844 number so can someone help please?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there Fair-shop,

If you are trying to apply for merchant rates through your PayPal account, you can do so by following the steps that I have included below:

You are eligible for our Merchant Rate if you have a PayPal Business or PayPal Premier account. You must also have received at least £1,500 GBP in payments in your PayPal account within the last month.

Here’s how to apply for the Merchant Rate:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.ukand log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘Fees’ at the bottom of the page.
  3. Click ‘1.4% to 3.4% + £0.20 GBP’ under ‘Get paid.’
  4. Click ‘View merchant rate criteria’ near the bottom of the page.
  5. Click ‘Are you eligible for lower rates?’.
  6. Click ‘Apply now’ and complete the Merchant Rate application.
  7. Read the User Agreement, and then check the box to indicate that you’ve read and accept the agreement.
  8. Click ‘Submit.’

If you’re approved for the Merchant Rate, we automatically adjust your fees at the beginning of each month. The adjustment is based on your payment volume for the previous month.

You must maintain a minimum monthly payment volume of £1,500 GBP to remain eligible for the Merchant Rate. If your payment volume falls below £1,500 GBP or you have unresolved chargebacks, you’re eligible for the Standard Rate.

I hope this information helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

fair-shop
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks David. I hadn't upgraded from personal account which is why I wasn't getting the "apply now" option so cheers for that. Also, my application was accepted and rates reduced with immediate effect in less than 2 minutes 🙂

Login to Me Too

adatherton
New Community Member

I have spent 30 minutes or more trying to get to a Merchant Fee application. The method you suggest of finding the fee page before you log in and then logging in through there doesn't seem to work. I just get my normal summary page. I am a British company but I bill in USD. You have me on the highest fee because I have no GBP sales.

Can't you just give me a link to apply. Or better still, as an internet company why on earth don't you have an email address!! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.