Additional information required by 18/02/2012

Eugene7
Contributor
Contributor

I had an e-mail from payPal with the above subject...

It stated:

********************************************************************************************************************

We need to confirm some of your account information or collect further information. Please complete this by 18/02/2012. If you don't do so in time, PayPal is required by EU regulations to limit access to your account.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

What should I do?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The next time you log in to your PayPal account you’ll be guided through a process to collect the necessary information.

********************************************************************************************************************

But, when I log-in to my account I am presented with nothing with regard to collecting the necessary information???

What's this all about?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Eugene7
Contributor
Contributor

Can someone from PayPal please respond to this?

I can find no request for such information within my PayPal account!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there Eugene7,

Have you tried going to the Resolution Centre on your PayPal account. If you go there, you should be advised when you go there what we require from you in order to have the issue on your account resolved.

If you are unable to see anything on your resolution centre page, you should then see if you have a View Limits option on your Account Overview page. If you try clicking this, it should tell you if there is anything else needed from you in order to have the limits on your account resolved.

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

Eugene7
Contributor
Contributor

I checked all befoe posting the first message:

There is nothing in the Resolution Centre at all - no outstanding issues, or anything else waiting for action.

And it is the same in the Account Overview - it says: Account Type: Premier and Status: Verified, and nothing else.

In the To Do list is has: Policy Updates only...

So my question remains; why was I sent this e-mail stating I have to provide the Additional Information by 18/02/2012, but there is no information beign asked for within my account???

Is this yet another PayPal mistake?

If so, I am sure I am not the only person this e-mail has been sent to by mistake.

Please confirm the status of this request for additional information.

Login to Me Too

trumass
New Community Member

Hi.  I have also received an email seeking "Additional Information", required by 10/05/2012. I have gone to "Resolution Centre" - nothing there for me. Mostly concerned there with selling or buying disputes. I am concerned that the email is Phishing, but it is addressed to my full name.  Is this a scam seeking to complete on a Phisher's basic information inviting me to provide further information so that they can commit fraud on my account?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi guys,

If there is no case in your Resolution Centre, it could be due to there only being a warning on your PayPal account and not an actual limitation preventing you from sending or receiving money.

On your Account Overview page on your PayPal account, can you see a blue View Limits option? If you can, you should try clicking this link in order to try and complete all of the steps in order to verify your PayPal account.

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.