Adding a foreign card to your paypal account

tormund1
New Community Member

Hi community, I'm from the UK and I set up my paypal account in the UK. My card connected to paypal is also from the UK. I am currently living in Mexico, however, when trying to add my Mexican bank card it asked me to provide the billing address but it only allows UK state / county options. Does anybody know how I can get around this? Or if it's even possible to add a foreign card to my paypal account? Thanks so much!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tormund1

Paypal is country specific so if you move country you have to open another paypal account in that country and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

chrisbeckett
New Community Member

I have a UK account etc, but also spend a lot of timem in Australia. I tried setting up an australia pp a/c, but it wouldn't allow me to put in my 'global' email address, as it was 'already in use' Any ideas? Thanks

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chrisbeckett

As your email address identifies your paypal account then you can't have the same email address for x2 paypal accounts.

Thats like having 2 bank accounts with the same number !!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.