Account Needs Additional Review

HeatherLawson
New Community Member

I have recently started my own business and have created a new business paypal account to use for invoicing etc. I opened a new current account with my bank but when I tried to link it with my paypal a message appears saying that the account needs additional review. Is this because it's a current account? Should I open a business account instead?

Thanks for any help,

Heather

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It may be OK, PayPal may just end up asking for some additional information.

There's no requirements that you must have a business bank account, however, it's not a bad idea - (not just for PayPal).  For example, when we setup our business, we opened a business bank account and credit card - everything under the business name. 

Login to Me Too

alexconsuelo
New Community Member

It should be fine, prob just a bureaucratic tic. The quickest way to sort it out is to phone them up, or else you'll be batting about emails forever. 

Just use the automated line but say 'agent' at every opportunity (after you've done the first few initial bits of info - once it starts asking you what you're calling about). After a couple of attempts to make you go through their interminable phone system - just keep replying 'agent' - they'll put you through to a real person who should be able to help you very quickly.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.