Account: Change of Country: changing primary address and associated payment details

doireann
New Community Member

I set up my account 13 years' ago when I lived in the UK.  At that time I linked a UK bank account and UK debit card with my PayPal profile.

I now live in Ireland.  I want to change my primary address to a location in Ireland.  I also want to change my primary payment method to an Irish debit card and Irish bank account.  I cannot do this.

The only available new address options are listed in a drop-down menu.  All address options are in the UK.  I cannot change the country. 

I do not want to close my UK Paypal account and open a new one.  If I close my account I will lose my account history and data.  

Is there a solution to this issue? 

If the only solution is that I must close my account and open a new one, please explain why this is necessary? If creating a new account is the only solution, it strikes me as an inessential inconvenience for users and difficult to understand.

Thank you.   

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi doireann,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

PayPal accounts are country specific and it is not possible to change the phone area code and country on a PayPal account. As you have moved to Ireland you will need to create a new PayPal account selecting Ireland as the new country of residency.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.