A pay after delivery

Elle199822
Contributor
Contributor

Pay after delivery has worked for Zara for the last two years and it's just stopped giving me that option, still working for other places just not Zara 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Elle199822

PAD has nothing to do with the merchants, its between you and paypal.

The merchants still get credited in advance its just paypal allow you a few more days before they debit your bank account in which time your item 'may' have arrived.

Paypal does not always offer it and you can only use it when they do.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Elle199822

PAD has nothing to do with the merchants, its between you and paypal.

The merchants still get credited in advance its just paypal allow you a few more days before they debit your bank account in which time your item 'may' have arrived.

Paypal does not always offer it and you can only use it when they do.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ringoray
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your answer. It’s odd because it works with every merchant excape ZARA. 

Login to Me Too

Lizzy31
New Community Member
Paypal said they could not see any reason why PAD was not option on Zara as I had used it for 5 months no problem. Like with others, just stopped. Seems like pay pal take option off, not Zara. This is frustrating why can't paypal just say why!
Login to Me Too

CarlyRob
Contributor
Contributor
Stopped for me too . Was working fine then it was gone !
Login to Me Too

Sandydee41
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, can anyone tell me how I use pay after delivery.  Is it on anything you buy off eBay. I've tried to use it but there is no option for it at checkout

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sandydee41

Normally its offered by paypal when they want to offer it and only when you have a linked bank account attached to your paypal account.

Personally i would not bother, you have no more buyer protection and i prefer using a c.c. that does give you protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ammo58
Contributor
Contributor

Been on ebay since 2007 and always used it as my first choice to pay worked no hitches...now the past 2 days it gives me option then gives error and to use directly from bank or credit card. Informed that paypal  intends on phasing out PAD as of 28 feb 2018.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ammo58

They are phasing it out in the U.S but not in the UK (yet) and not sure about other countries.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ammo58
Contributor
Contributor

I am in Canada and was told feb 28 but yet I cannot use it now...I think once my last PAD goes through I will close my account with paypal . And possibly ebay ...I keep the money they take at every transaction...there is competition out there now for ebay time to start using it and leave these greedy you know what to themselves

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.