A new debit card

jan2
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I've received an email from you saying my current debit card is about to expire. This is true. I have entered my new card but do I have to go through the process of confirming and linking this card where paypal transfer a £1 etc.

Thanks

Jan

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

This is a community forum and we are not paypal.

However to answer your query no you only have to update your card details so that you have a new expiry date.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

This is a community forum and we are not paypal.

However to answer your query no you only have to update your card details so that you have a new expiry date.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jan2
Contributor
Contributor

Oh sorry !  Thanks anyway you have answered my query !

Jan

Login to Me Too

stevetwotheo
New Community Member

To add to this. So you don't have to change your old debit card number? I am trying to withdraw funds but it will only let me select my old debit card number? Does it matter ?Cat Happy

Login to Me Too

ErsThommo
New Community Member

Hi, I have this problem too.  As PayPal stord by old debit card nuber I edited it and its asking me to go through the whole verification thing again.  But... a few days ago it said it would do the few deposits of pennies into my bank and I had to check my statements and go onto PayPal to confirm the amounts.  But now its saying I pay £1 then enter the 4 digit code that appears on my statement then get my £1 back.  Im sooooo confused 😕

Also - under the profile, my oney section there is a section for 'bank account' and 'debit and credit card details'.  Am I being stupid but whats the difference?!!  I have the sae account showing in each section?  

Help please - imm rubbish at this!!!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there ErsThommo, 

A bank account (8 digit account number) & a debit/credit card (15/16 digit number) are seen as 2 separate funding sources through PayPal.

The deposits you are referring to are sent to confirm your bank account and allow you to make direct debit payments. 

The £1.00 charge is part of the confirming of the card process.

These are 2 separate verification steps.

Hope this helps!

Siobhán 

Login to Me Too

fionadee
New Community Member

Hi, I have a similar question...

My debit card has been cancelled after suspected fraudulent use. My new card will not arrive for 5 days. Will Paypal still be able to draw funds from my bank account? Or will I need to wait for my new card to arrive and enter the new card details?

I wanted to make an ebay purchase tomorrow.

Any help appreciated!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.