2nd account abroad

kinfrance
Contributor
Contributor

I've moved to France and want to add my French bank account. I also have a bank account in the UK. I can't add the French account as there's no provision for a French address. Can anyone help? An answer to another post on this subject says:

"When you move to a new country you would need to open a new PayPal account, registered under new local postal address and use new, local financial information like cards and bank accounts."

But I tried that, and when I logged on to Paypal.com/fr, I was directed back to the Paypal.com site! How can I register again in France? I've spent this morning going round in circles.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kinfrance

Why are you logging on to the French site first?

You need to click on register and open a new paypal account with a new email address (if you have not closed your previous which has that email address attached), and add French bank account / cards and address.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kinfrance
Contributor
Contributor
Have, thanks for the tip. In fact, I have now opened a new account in France by using a different email. The other email came up automatically and kept me on the non-French page, but I didn't realise that was what was happening until someone's post mentioned using a different email account. ,
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.