Questions on Adaptive? Read This First.....
10-21-2016 05:33 AM
How do I get an Adaptive Payments API application ID?
- Once your App is ready you need to apply for this HERE. Applications can take several weeks to approve depending on complexity, however most standard Pay API apps are approved immediately. You can check the App status at the above link also
Why do I get the error “Authentication failed. API credentials are incorrect”?
This error occurs in 2 scenarios mainly:
- The API credentials are incorrect, double check that they are set correct in your code and being pulled into the API calls correctly.
- The API endpoint is wrong, i.e. you have live credentials, but your hitting the sandbox endpoin
Why do I get the error “Account not found. Unilateral receiver not allowed in chained payment is restricted”?
Mainly this is caused when the reciever in the payment either doesnt have a PayPal account, or the account email address is unconfirmed. Ask the payment receiver to check their PayPal account.
Why do I get the error “You do not have permission to perform this action”?
Several causes of this error:
- API caller Account may not be verified
- The App ID is not assigned to the API caller account. The API caller needs to own the App ID
- The type of feature you are trying to use is not enabled on your account. Go HERE to request the feature you need.
Who Pays the Fees?
Simple answer, it depends
- Simple & Parallel Payments: you can set the sender or the receiver as the fees payer using the feePayer variable
- Chained Payments: Only the receivers can pay, however you can choose to have all receivers pay their fees, the primary receiver pays, or in the case of a single secondary, the secondary can pay all the fees.
Re: Questions on Adaptive? Read This First.....
02-16-2017 03:21 AM
I read this and need to know can I still apply for approval for adaptive payments.
we want to use preapproval for future payments so we can create monthly billing for variable amounts.