Paypal Adaptive Payments Alternative?

Shikahgo
New Community Member

What is the alternative to using Adaptive Payments since registration for appid's is closed? I am trying to create a marketplace for many vendors, and currently am not seeing an automatic payout method that can pay the vendors their commisions automatically.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MTS_Andre

The alternative will be Marketplaces API, not yet fully released and available, but they are hoping to have it available very soon. You can register your interest here in the meanwhile: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/partner-program/contact-us?ref=marketplace

For some use cases there are alternatives available already e.g. PayOuts API or Express Checkout Parallel Payments.

Here some references, also consider that PayOuts API needs to be approved before using it:

Payouts
Parallel Payments

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

This can be done using Express Checkout with Billing Agreements / Reference Transactions.  You will need to get Reference Transactions enabled on your account, and then the basic steps are as follows:

1. When the vendor signs up for your site, create a billing agreement for them and store the billing agreement ID obtained in their user profile with your site.
  2. Use Express Checkout for your order payment flow, and specify the SELLERPAYPALACCOUNTID so that 100% of the funds get sent to this address.  This would be the email address or Merchant Account ID of your vendor.
  3. Use the DoReferenceTransaction API to process your commission payment from the vendor once the regular checkout has been completed.  You will simply pass in the billing agreement ID and the amount to be charged so that you can pull those funds as necessary.

I have an article on my site that covers this in a lot more detail.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.