PayPal-Apps.com will be permanently unavailable starting December 1, 2017.

MTS_Ciaran

PayPal-Apps.com will be permanently unavailable starting December 1, 2017. We will review all Adaptive products applications submitted prior to December 1, 2017 according to the existing approval process.

If an application has been submitted and you need to check the status, please contact your Account Manager. If you are unsure who your Account Manger is, please Contact Us.

We are working on an improved solution for our Adaptive Payments customers in 2018. Check the MTS community page for updates.

• All other applications can be created on Developer.PayPal.com
  • You can learn more about PayPal For MarketPlaces to see if it fits your needs. A new alternative product will be available to Adaptive users in 2018. Please check back for more info. 

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

filipporonco
Contributor
Contributor

Great.
Thank you very much.
Hope Paypal will inform each application owner as alternatives will be available.
Thanks again that is very conforting by now.

Cheers, Fil.

Login to Me Too

jaff89
Contributor
Contributor

Fil- Did you look at PayPal for Marketplaces.. PayPal should allow every adaptive payments owners to use this product.. I applied the form but yet to receive a response from PayPal. Many claiming that will be sort of invite only thing. 

Ciaran- Can you please shed some lights on this as it may be a good replacement solution for us.

Login to Me Too

filipporonco
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, unfortunately marketplace dosen't seem to fit perfectly with our integration.
On one hand we do use preapprovals in a particular way that I don't think we can easuly emulate with that environment (someone told us to try with billing agreements united to marketplace) but both, billing agreements and fees management to me is far away from the flexibility of the adaptive payments ("adaptive", nomen omen, I love them).

In particular I've been lurking around the onboarding process for merchants something automated but not sure it is right for us. Now we have a paypal account that manage all our new merchants directly following them during the tremendous trip of the limit removement from their accounts but this is very efficient because we have a person following this. We know our merchants and I can't imagine what disasters can occur leaving all the onboarding process on their hand.

I've seen that there's a double channel for marketplace, fully managed or not but I have to go deep in this a little bit because it's still not totally clear to me the difference and what of the two ways would be more similar to our live environment. Anyway, it doesn't seem a tool really conceived for a smooth migration from adaptives. It surely need a complete revolution of our code. Not impossibile but largely expensive on a economic and time based analysis.

Hope in some very similar apis instead to use in alternative to those beautifull we're using now.

The truth is that with adaptive payments paypal opened to fantasy and creativity for a very wide range of integrations (like us) that are not so easily migrable to a strictly process like marketplace. Maybe you're a marketplace a very particular one, with adaptive you can do almost anything and this is the magic of those apis.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

@jaff89

At the moment it's still early days for Marketplaces, they are hoping to have it at a generally available stage very soon. You can register your interest here:https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/partner-program/contact-us?ref=marketplace

This is the current intake form for new MarketPlace integrations. 

Login to Me Too

Rik4
Contributor
Contributor

@MTS_Ciaran

Hello Ciaran,

We've been testing Adaptive Payments (chained payments) with sandbox and we were just about to apply for approval of going live. Then we found that PaPal will not accept submission for Adaptive payment app anymore.

Now, my question is...

- What is the alternative for Adaptive Payments?

- "PayPal for Marketplaces" is the one?

-- If so, will it be available in any country where PayPal is available?

P.S.

I couldn't find an official announcement why Adaptive Payments needs to be discontinued. Please navigate me to the link if there is any.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

Hi,

So the official notification went out on our status site - https://www.paypal-status.com/bulletin/production the application review side (paypal-apps.com) and this community as well. The alternative is MarketPlaces for the most part, but will not be generally available until the new year. 

Login to Me Too

RobinsonDuffy
New Community Member

All of the discussion here has been about Adaptive Payments...I'm assuming this also applies to Adaptive Accounts?  Can someone verify that?

Login to Me Too

eonmart
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ciaran,

Is there any other way to get app-id?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.