PayPal Adaptive Method API integration for Saudi Arabia country

almontage
Contributor
Contributor
Hello,

In my web application, payment would be integrated for Merchant (Site owner), Seller (Sub-merchant), Buyer for B2B marketplace ((Make direct payment to Merchant, Hold Payment & Split Payment to Seller from Merchant, Subscriptions- recurring)).

Buyer to Merchant: Buyer will purchase product and make payment. This payment goes to Merchant(Site owner) first. 
Merchant to Seller:  Once the product is delivered, after deducting commission, Merchant will make the payment to Seller (Sub-merchant).

As per suggestion, I shall be using PayPal's Adaptive payment method for my use case as described in my web application based in Saudi Arabia country (SAR / USD currency).

If PayPal Adaptive payment method is not supported in Saudi Arabia (KSA) country then what can i do?

As per my research, if I have a corporate account in USA or Europe for the MERCHANT ADMIN (SITE OWNER only, not of seller), then do let me know how SITE OWNER will make payments to SELLER? Is it possible?
All the SELLER's are based in Saudi Arabia and they are having bank account in Saudi Arabia to get money from SITE OWNER. 
For SELLER, Do this required to open PayPal account if they have business in Saudi Arabia OR SELLER required bank accounts in USA or Europe also? 

Do let me know as soon as possible. It is urgent.

Thanks
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Ciaran

Application owner will open PayPal account and link his bank account which is in Saudi Arabia, will it work to send money? Yes 

But all the seller's linked bank account which are of Saudi Arabia country? will it work to receive money? - If the seller does not have a Saudi Arabia PayPal account, they will not be able to add a Saudi bank account. e.g. you cannot add a Suadi bank account to a US PayPal account. 

Also user can make payment via credit/debit card, PayPal account or other options if any. - Yes 

Which method is suitable for the Subscription purchase task? - You could utilze Preapproved payments for subscriptions whereby you would issue a Pay API call whenever you needed to charge for the subscription

In the case of return and refund, how it will be handled? - This is handled by the Merchant or can be handled by the seller, with Adaptive Payments you need to issue a refund API call

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

MTS_Ciaran

Adaptive Payments is available in Saudi Arabia. I would recommend to use delayed chained payments for your solution, it allows the payment site with the merchant for up to 90 days before you push it out to the actual seller, minus the merchant fee. 

Login to Me Too

almontage
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I would like to get more information from you.

Application owner has business in Saudi Arabia and having bank account in that country. 
Application owner will open PayPal account and link his bank account which is in Saudi Arabia, will it work to send money?
For application owner, Will it work without opening bank account in another country USA or Europe region?

All the sellers will open PayPal account, that is fine. But all the seller's linked bank account which are of Saudi Arabia country? will it work to receive money?

Also user can make payment via credit/debit card, PayPal account or other options if any.

Which method is suitable for the Subscription purchase task?

In the case of return and refund, how it will be handled?

Any further information you can provide, as i will be integrating FedEx shipping API.

It will be greatly appreciated if you provide all the answer in detail and with proper reference link and the information.

Let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks
Login to Me Too
Solved

MTS_Ciaran

Application owner will open PayPal account and link his bank account which is in Saudi Arabia, will it work to send money? Yes 

But all the seller's linked bank account which are of Saudi Arabia country? will it work to receive money? - If the seller does not have a Saudi Arabia PayPal account, they will not be able to add a Saudi bank account. e.g. you cannot add a Suadi bank account to a US PayPal account. 

Also user can make payment via credit/debit card, PayPal account or other options if any. - Yes 

Which method is suitable for the Subscription purchase task? - You could utilze Preapproved payments for subscriptions whereby you would issue a Pay API call whenever you needed to charge for the subscription

In the case of return and refund, how it will be handled? - This is handled by the Merchant or can be handled by the seller, with Adaptive Payments you need to issue a refund API call

Login to Me Too

almontage
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for you quick reply.

Furthermore, i need more clarification.

To send or receive money from other user on web application (B2B marketplace, multi seller platform),

MERCHANT (Site Owner - Business Owner) has PayPal account for Saudi Arabia country and he will link bank account which will be also bank of Saudi Arabia. So as a business owner (MERCHANT), to use any Paypal payment method / Adaptive payment method to receive or send money (split / chained / delayed method) to seller, Does it require to have or open Paypal account from US/Europe, bank account?

Seller (Sub-merchant) has PayPal account and Bank account linked in paypal, both from Saudi Arabia country. So as per your answer it will work to receive money, right?

For normal payment flow in another section of my web application, User will make payment to MERCHANT (Site owner) directly and this money will not be further distributed to anyone. For this scenario, which paypal payment method should i use and integrate?

What are the cancellation or refund transaction charges?

who will be responsible for this (buyer / seller / merchant owner)?

Howmany days will it take to refund money to buyer?

If someone make payment using credit/debit card, then how to refund this money to buyer from Merchant?

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

Answers below 🙂

Does it require to have or open Paypal account from US/Europe, bank account? - No, Any PayPal account can receive the money and those PayPal accounts do not need to have any bank account attached to them for the most part. 

So as per your answer it will work to receive money, right? - Right

For this scenario, which paypal payment method should i use and integrate? - You can use Express Checkout, or Adaptive Payments Pay API. 

What are the cancellation or refund transaction charges?

who will be responsible for this (buyer / seller / merchant owner)? - Any of the three depending on the situation really. 

Howmany days will it take to refund money to buyer? - Refunds through PayPal are instant

If someone make payment using credit/debit card, then how to refund this money to buyer from Merchant? - Again, the payment goes through PayPal regardless of it being funded with a card, so refunds are done the same way, through the refund API. 

Login to Me Too

almontage
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your good reply.

If someone make payment using credit/debit card, then how to refund this money to buyer from Merchant? - Again, the payment goes through PayPal regardless of it being funded with a card, so refunds are done the same way, through the refund API. 

MERCHANT and SELLER will have PayPal account where as buyer may not have PayPal account.

For this point, here Buyer will make payment (using Credit/Debit card, Paypal account or any other option) while purchasing product and it will goes to Merchant first. So here it is not necessary to have PayPal account for all the buyer. They can make the payment with Credit/Debit card also. Buyers may not have the PayPal account.

Then how to refund to BUYER?

Let me know.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

If the payer uses a card to make a purchase using the PayPal checkout flow, the refund process for the merchant is the same, they issue a refund API call and PayPal pushes the refund back to their card. 

Login to Me Too

almontage
Contributor
Contributor

Can you please have some of your thoughts for my last reply?

Also, i did not find SAR currency in this link: https://developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/docs/classic/api/currency_codes/#paypal

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

meshal91
Contributor
Contributor

I know this thread is old, but any help would be appreciated!

I am trying to setup paypal in my website, the paypal business account is based in Saudi Arabia.

I did the integration part as shown in the documentation, in the sandbox everything works fine. I tried to test in production to make an actual payment, my credit card would get charged, but after a while, the amount is charged back to my credit card.

I contacted paypal support they told me you need to have "Reference Transaction" which we do not provide in MENA region.

Is there any work around I can offer paypal payment through my website?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.