How Do I Get Adoptive AppId

avinashabhi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi This Is Simon 

I had a business account in PayPal. i want to integrate PayPal in my website. So i implemented PayPal by using rest api. my business need adoptive payments.

my business is that i have two users, that are teacher and student. student post the question. teacher will give answer it.

student wants see that answer he will pay money to teacher.here i am using PayPal payment gateway.

student will purchased answer he will sent some amount of money to teacher and as well as site. here i want use adoptive payments.

so applied for AppId. i got a response from PayPal team that your account was limited we are rejecting your request.

i need adoptive payments.how can i get appId.any one please tell me.what i need to do .

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Adaptive Payments is now a limited release product. It is restricted to select partners for approved use cases.

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/adaptive-payments/integration-guide/APIntro/

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

turfah
New Community Member

@MTS_Justin then, is there any alternative solution? 

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin

Hi @turfah

There is currently no alternative available.

We are working on an alternative, but it won't be generally available until early 2018 (I don't have a more specific timeframe).

The product is called PayPal For Marketplaces.

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

avinashabhi
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for responding my question. i know adoptive payments  limited product.but my business need this. i don't have  choice to change my business .if have any alternate solution for this.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Express Checkout Billing Agreements and Reference Transactions would get this done for you.  You'll need to get Billing Agreements enabled on your account, and then you could set it up so that your teachers create a Billing Agreement with your site when they sign up, or through their profile after the fact.

Then you could use Express Checkout to have payments sent directly to the teacher account (equivalent of primary receiver in Adaptive Payments), and follow that up with a DoReferenceTransaction request that would pull your commission from the teacher's account using the Billing Agreement ID.

You could do this in real-time as part of the checkout, or you could keep a running balance for what the teacher owes you and then use a CRON job on your server to run once per day and process all commissions at $100+, for example.  

That's the best solution you'll have immediately available.  Otherwise, you'll need to wait on PayPal Marketplaces.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.