Adaptive Payments with Lightbox Embedded Flow - User Clicks "Pay" Twice

armandojs
Contributor
Contributor

I'm hoping somebody can shed some light on this issue.  

I'm updating our application so it can use adaptive payments with the lightbox embedded flow and everything seems to be working fine except for a small issue. 

When a user is in the last screen and about to click the PayPal "Pay" button and complete the payment, if the button is clicked twice by accident there are two pay requests sent and I get another screen with this message:

• "Your payment can't be completed. Please return to the participating website and try again."

This message refers to the additional clicks made by the user.  In the redirect flow I can see that once the user presses the Pay button an animation protects the button from being pressed twice.  

This wouldn't be an issue however it never reaches the "approved" URL and I can't let the user know that his payment was successful, or set my order to its "processing" state while the IPN arrives.

I've noticed this happen in Chrome but not in Firefox.  I've also noticed javascript functions being used that are deprecated and I'm not sure if this is part of the problem.

Is this something that could be fixed on my end or by PayPal or should I stick with the redirect flow?  The whole idea behind the embedded flow is to offer a better experience.  Ideally I would like to hear back from PayPal regarding PayPal for Marketplaces, but in the meantime I'll try to get this working.

Any help is deeply appreciated.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.