Adaptive API Request - 2nd Account Required

MiamiShade
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Community

During the process of submitting app request for adaptive api the PayPal team requires a second account prior to approving my request - "based on current usage of my present account". My current account is a business account that I use for both business and personal use. I am unable to find guidlines on how to open this second account. I did call support and they advised a second account is not needed nor permitted so I am a litte confused. Can someone point me in the right direction to assist me in opening second account properly.  Attempts to PM my original support agent has failed (possibly 404 error each time)

Thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MTS_Ciaran

So I think there is some confusion, generally speaking you should not use a business account (which is associated with your business/company) for personal reasons.

What the app folks are saying is that you need to a business account linked to your company profile and only use it for that company. You can have a seperate personal account which is associated with you, personally. This is the correct way to do this as you and your company are seperate entities.

The best approach here is to open a new business account in the name of your company, and only use that for your companies business.  

Login to Me Too

MiamiShade
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks totally makes sense. In terms of process I would simply create a new account from a "sign up link" ?
Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

Thats it. Just go through the normal sign up flow. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.