shipping my sold item when PayPal wont release funds to ship

hotrodfarm
Contributor
Contributor

I have sold an item on Ebay but my funds are on hold and PayPal will not release the money so I can ship the item. What am I supposed to do now? This is a messed up situation. I need the funds to be able to ship the item. Does anyone know how to get at least the shipping fees released?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

HightowerMedia
Contributor
Contributor

I have been having the same issue time 10 and so are a lot of people.

Login to Me Too

Feddup437
New Community Member

After jumping through all of their hoops to get a business account, they let you have one, then they will lure you in by letting you do business for a while to build up a nice balance in your account, then when you try to take it out to purchase products for your customers, or use the debit card they so freely give you, to purchase products, you wake up one day to a call that says..We have frozen your account! No reason, just the simple fact that someone with a "GOD' like complex over there just decided it might one day be a risk. No disputes, no chargebacks unresolved, nothing!! Just cut you right off. Now you have no money to buy the product that people have paid you for unless in their words"we hope you have other capital" WTH?? Are you serious? I'm over it!!!

We WILL be joining the class action lawsuit, I have already sent an email to our company attorney and the one that's filed the class action lawsuit. BTW, they have already lost a case over this..read the following;

On March 12, 2002, Girard Gibbs filed a class action lawsuit in the Northern District of California against PayPal on behalf of consumers whose funds were erroneously transferred or held by PayPal.

The lawsuit alleged that PayPal engaged in unlawful business practices by freezing customers’ accounts on the basis of “suspicious activity”, without giving them details of the investigation, and by transferring money out of customers’ accounts into other individuals’ accounts without their authorization. The lawsuit contended that, since PayPal did not make a telephone number or email address accessible for customers to contact the company, customers experienced great difficulty in their attempts to contact PayPal and retrieve their money. Although some customers eventually managed to recover their funds, the lawsuit claimed that PayPal refused to pay them interest on the money that was taken.

Plaintiffs alleged that PayPal’s behavior, including its failure to conduct a timely investigation of the reported errors and failure to make a telephone number available to consumers, violated the Electronic Funds Act.

On November 2, 2004, the Court approved a class-wide settlement requiring PayPal to provide injunctive relief and pay $9.25 million towards claims submitted by class members.

Login to Me Too

clumpdud
New Community Member

I think they only release funds to print a shipping label, and then shipment has to be confirmed to release the rest, it's

ridiculous, paypal needs to stop being fascists and give us our money which they already charged us %20 (ebay and

paypal) to get.  They are making so much money, yet will not even follow their own guidlines to releasing your money, I

suggest you find an alternative service after this.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.