confirming my bank account

gabriel-primero
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem that NEW111 have

I'M trying to link bank account, i did make two small deposit of two dollar to my bank  each one of $1.00 dlls and i entered the amount into the confirm deposit boxes  and erro messages pop's up saying "!both confirmation most contain

a number, for example if a depositis $0.03 USD,you would enter 03. if a deposit is $0.30USD, you would enter 30."

my question is how's go $1.00USD 

I already tried all the way i could think and another message came up sayin"you entered incorrect deposit amount and also say I have only one attemp remaining.

Please i really need help with this!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi gabriel-primero, and welcome to the forums!

The two small deposits are not made by you, they're made by PayPal into your account when you add the bank. They show up on your bank statement after a few business days. The amounts are usually a few cents. Once they show up in your account, the way that the account is established as yours is that you come back and enter the exact amounts that were deposited.

Entering the wrong amounts too many times can lock the bank account and prevent it from being used, so please make sure you see the amounts that PayPal deposited before continuing further with the process!

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

gabriel-primero
Contributor
Contributor
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi gabriel-primero, and welcome to the forums!

The two small deposits are not made by you, they're made by PayPal into your account when you add the bank. They show up on your bank statement after a few business days. The amounts are usually a few cents. Once they show up in your account, the way that the account is established as yours is that you come back and enter the exact amounts that were deposited.

Entering the wrong amounts too many times can lock the bank account and prevent it from being used, so please make sure you see the amounts that PayPal deposited before continuing further with the process!

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

gabriel-primero
Contributor
Contributor
Dear Olivia I really appretiate you help and time your advices and instruction help me to confirm my PayPal account I know if wasn't for you help I still be here struggling .. thank you one more time ;{D
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi gabriel-primero,

Thank you very much for coming back to let me know this got resolved for you! I'm happy I was able to help. 🙂

Olivia

Login to Me Too

dawnie2011
New Community Member

i just set up account, thought i spelled bank name wrong so went back a page, when i went back to the part to verify who i am, it wont let me now do the last step, and keeps telling me ..that there is another member with that acc. and bank....which would be me. so now what? how do i finish it and get me out of the way of me???

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi dawnie2011, and welcome to the forums!

Oh no! That darned "back button". I wish there were a way to disable its function. A best practice is to simply forget the back button exists whenever you're doing anything on any site involving money - PayPal, banks, merchants' checkouts, credit cards, etc.

It sounds like your bank is already on the account. You can go to your Profile and check the section with your banks to see if it's listed. If it is and needs to be corrected, you can edit or remove it from there.

If it's not actually listed there for you, it's very likely a simple fix, but it will require calling PayPal Customer Support so they can verify the information and disable the bank to be re-added properly. To get the right number to call, login to your PayPal account, click Contact Us, and then Call Us. They'll be able to get your problem sorted out very quickly.

I hope this helps! Please come back and let us know how it worked out. 🙂

Olivia

Login to Me Too

14tomcat
New Community Member

I'm having problems re- verifying my account.  The 2 deposits do not appear in my bank account.

I have deleted and re-added my bank account info, with no help.  I get the message of "2 deposits.... within 2-3 days", but it never happens.  I cannot verify until I see the 2 deposits.

Login to Me Too

paulhen
Contributor
Contributor

I have been using Paypal happily for years (though I hate their website and blocking of access to live help of some kind) but now I try to make two transactions of insignificant amounts ($20.00 & $14.00) to my account backed up with a credit card and the second one gets blocked by paypal which is now trying to force me to give them my bank information. I have made many transactions worth hundreds of dollars each in the past with no issues. I see nowhere on line a mandatory requirement for a bank account or for some ridiculously low spending limit (though I have seen on this forum a mention of $30.00 which if true, is absurd). ANyone using this service should be very careful about giving bank information to people that you cannot easily contact live. And to phone them makes clear how easily that is done! I emailed 12 hours ago and made a post on this site with no reply to either. I am still waiting to finish my skype setup and cannot. Who is responsible for my lost time, frustration and that of thousands of others?

Login to Me Too

ohhelpme
New Community Member

Oh no!!!! The same thing happened to me just now and no one is available to call. Robo Sarah is a waste as she doesn't even understand my questions. I had a paypal acct for many years, too, with no problem. Its been a few years since using it, and unfortunately the online merchant only takes paypal and (get this) checks !! Its a one day only sale that I've waited months for, but because paypal is hosey now, I'm losing out and spending all nite with this. Anyway, I've changed banks, I went to delete orig and add new, but warning that if I did delete, id have to wait days for confirm etc. So, I added a new bank,,,,well, it said I still had to wait that 2-deposit-days-wait routine OR I could get my bank confirmed RIGHT NOW if I told them my bank acct # (again) AND MY BANK PASSWORD!!!!! It said it would disappear right after. I was scared but the secure lock was there, its paypal, a safe way...So, hesitantly, I gave them it. It said it would take 2 minutes. Well, 2 minutes, all I get is the screen saying I needed bank confirmation , which consisted of the 2 deposits and days wait, etc....AS IF I NEVER GAVE THEM BANK ACCT AND PASSWORD TO GET IT VERIFIED IMMEDIATELY, IE without  THAT WAIT HASSLE.

omg!!!!  Is this a scam or what??? Iw ould have NEVER done that if I had any doubt that I would still have to go thru that hassle and wait, and they never said a word of what happened with my BANKS password etc.    !!!! nOTHING! No 'it didnt work' or ANY reason why I stilll have to do the wait deposit hassle.   IM VERY VERY SCARED . Has this happened to anyone else??/  pAYPAL IF U ARE READING THIS U NEED TO EXPLAIN PRONTO!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.