Two charges to reverify my account... can anyone explain?

Landfall
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal recently required that I "reverify" my Premier verified account in order to lift newly imposed withdrawal limits.  I'm guessing my original credit card on file expired.  Paypal never notified me about this; I just logged in one day and found out that withdrawal limits had been placed on my account (kind of rude).  Anyway, once again I went through the process of giving them the necessary information in order to lift my withdrawal limits, this time using a debit card.  Everything went smoothly except that Paypal made 2 separate charges on my debit card account.  One charge was for $1.95 which was immediately refunded to my Paypal account as is clearly explained on the Paypal website.  However, there was a second charge of $1.00 which has not been refunded to me, nor can I find any explanation for it on the Paypal website. If anyone can provide any information regarding this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Many thanks...

David

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

The $1.00 charge is most likely a pre-authorization charge which will drop off after a few days.

Login to Me Too

Landfall
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply; hope you're right!

Login to Me Too

AbiConklin
New Community Member

Did your charge ever get credited back to you? I'm new to paypal and I've been charged four $1.00 payments, for ...?

Login to Me Too

Landfall
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, the charges were eventually refunded but it took about a week.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.