Shared Bank Acct Verification Problem

sparker99
New Community Member

Hi,

My husband and I share a bank account.  He has had a PayPal account for years and used our bank account to "verify" it.  When I began more frequent shopping online, I decided to sign up for my own account so that he would not see gift purchases I made for him at holidays/birthdays, etc.  I was not aware that I would need to verify my account with a bank account or that I would eventually not be able to use my PayPal account without said verification.

We do not have a second bank account.  Is there a way around to verify MY PayPay account with the same bank account he has already used?  If not, I'm afraid I will just have to cancel my account when the limit is reached since I will no longer be able to use it.  (I will not apply for credit to verify my account.)

Thank you!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_WarrenG
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

sparker99,

I know it is an inconvenience when you only have the one account to use, but we don't currently have a way for two different PayPal accounts to be verified using the same bank account.

This is done as a security measure to make sure someone else is unable to use your account when it is already in use on your account.  I know that it does create a difficulty for people like yourself who share an account.

I apologize and appreciate you for being a valued customer.

PayPal_WarrenG

Login to Me Too

RinaShaikhLesko
New Community Member

I have the same problem, but with a shared credit card with my husband.  It's more than inconvenient, by the way, because I've avoided using paypal in situations where I could use that shared credit card as it's a rewards card, so I've got motivation to use the payment option that lets me take advantage of that.

Are there any plans to change this and allow shared credit card or bank account information?

- Rina

Login to Me Too

catalina_webb
New Community Member

I also ran into the same problem with my PayPal account.  There really should be a way to deal with this issue, because MANY husbands and wives share the same banking accounts and it's unfair to push us apply for credit when we don't want to.  I cannot even succussfully post things on eBay because my account remains unverified.  I find this issue REALLY frustrating, and I hope that PayPal will address this problem.  How many of us users need to complain in order for this to get resolved?

Login to Me Too

MsSun
New Community Member

I am actually closing my bank account and switching my transactions over to my husband's bank account because our bank decided to impose a ridiculous minimum balance to maintain a checking account.  Now I find out that I cannot switch my PayPal account onto the same bank account as my husband's.  PayPal has effectively forced me to pay $25 per month to keep a bank account open for the sole purpose of running my tiny business.  This is just absurd.

Login to Me Too

aztrailrider

I agree with the previous posters. It is preposterous that a business as big as PayPal doesn't address this issue. I also closed my bank account when the bank decided to charge me $9.95 per month to keep it open.

So, I will be forced to use my husband's PP login and password in order to do a PP transaction. How secure can that be, PayPal?

Or am I forced to simply stop using it as a way to pay for my purchases? Not exactly a good way for EBay and PayPal to make money.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.