Paypal Stole my money

JJKMAN
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, so to activate my credit card, paypal is going to charge me $1.95 to get it activated. Then they are going to send me a 4 digit code with that charge. I'm thinking that it's not a big deal because I did this not too long ago and it worked! Well, Igo to check my balance and they charged the $1.95 as they said, but then I got an additional charge of $1.00 for some reason I don't know. Not only did they give me the pointless $1.00 charge but i never received my 4 digit code!!!   This is a very poor system your running here and I'm extremely dissatisfied with my experience as a paypal customer. Maybe you'll be able to identify the problem but... I doubt it.

Login to Me Too
75 REPLIES 75

chipsdigital
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, we know how good the phone support is.

Login to Me Too

higgins
New Community Member

Paypal is fullof B.S. They are stoping me from taking my own money out of my paypal account .

Login to Me Too

Stumpy1069
Contributor
Contributor

I am in the same boat...Paypal is holding 1100.00 of MY money and won't let me have it.  I have no power in my home and have been served with foreclosure papers since they stole my money.  I have learned to survive without them.  Hopefully it isn't too  late to save my home.  But in some of the previous replies, I have to agree...How can someone who charges you to use their service just decide that they are going to keep your money We pay for this service and should be allowed to get our money when the buyer has received thier item.  Because now we are without our item and without our money.  Paypal lies and manipulates people to believe they are safe. Safe for who?  For themselves and that is all.  I'll be glad when my 180 day punishment is over and I can come out of the corner, get my money and run like heck...Run Run Run...

Login to Me Too

Jerm

I'm not a fan of some of Paypal's policies. But alot of the whining in this thread is just ridiculous. It seems as if several of you...

1. Can't follow simple instructions. The activation procedure is straight forward and fairly simple.

2. Must just be getting your first account of any kind. You don't know what the $1.00 authorizations are?... And that they disappear in short order? I must see at least half a dozen of these a month.

3. I've called Paypal CS about a dozen times over the last few years... Four or five times in the past week due to some fraudulent charges on my debit card. I've always gotten an answer (never a busy signal) and an agent on the line in less than five minutes (much better than most CS departments). They actually called me the same day as the charges were made because they found them to be suspicious and caught it before I had a chance.

Again, there are some policies I don't care for...

The fact they won't do anything about fraudulent charges while they're still "pending" and having to wait a week (in this case) to take action... Annoying as it's tying up my funds. But there may be technicalities involved I'm unaware of.

Certain policies on what you can and can't buy (based on politics)... Don't need a babysitter, thanks.

... There may be others I'm forgetting at the moment.

But the vast majority of complaints in this thread are the fault of the user and just plain silly.

Login to Me Too

Jerm

Just to add to my last line...

"But the vast majority of complaints in this thread are the fault of the user and/or clearly Papypal policy which you should have known."

Edit- Found the edit button (should have just added this to the first post).

... I'll blame Paypal for not making it even easier to find.

Login to Me Too

1doreen
Contributor
Contributor

hi i am trying to get in touch with paypal does anyone have a contact number as i am trying to find out why a hold has been put on my money that was re-imbursed to me from a program i put in for they paid my money back but paypal has put a hold on it for some reason and i don't know why so if anyone has a number i would appreciate it thanks in advance doreen

Login to Me Too

chipsdigital
Contributor
Contributor

Pay Pal Steals, plain and simple.  They won't release your money when you want to close your account.

I will be filing civil and criminal (yes, with the police) for grand thefe

Login to Me Too

Janxy
Contributor
Contributor

How does a person contact paypal, the lines are not clogged but there is no number, cantact  page is not functioning what the the heck is going on here, this whole deal is starting to get out of hand, upgrading the system should not interfere with so many lives can't make purchases or anything, thought pay pal was a reparable site.

Login to Me Too

mvbirdie
Contributor
Contributor

When you are hunting for a real person number -- always go to the gethuman web site. Works pretty well.

I still have not resolved statement problems -- Paypal not crediting payments my bank made to Paypal...

Login to Me Too

landonllc
Contributor
Contributor

You charged my credit card $1.95 to verify.  What was the $1.00 charge for?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.