Mobile Number Verification

6feetandglassy
New Community Member

I recently updated my home phone number to be a mobile number. I want to update that information on my account but it requires an SMS text verification. I have my mobile carrier block all text messages to prevent any additional charges. How do I verify a moblie number with out a text message?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

At this time, confirming a mobile number requires text messaging - however, if you just want to have the number on your profile, you don't have to confirm the number to have it on file.  In this instance, you can skip the confirmation.

If you do want to use the phone for the PayPal Mobile application, or to send and receive mobile payments, you will want to finish the confirmation process, which will require a text message to complete.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Agamemnus
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, Adrian. I was having the same problem.

I hate it that I will have a perpetual "Confirm Paypal Mobile" notification, however...

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

You're welcome, Agamemnus!

If you don't plan on confirming your mobile number, there are two methods to remove the notification.

The first would be to try removing the mobile number and then re-adding it.  This will usually reset the process and clear out the notification.

The second would be to register it as a home number instead of a mobile number.  I personally only maintain a mobile myself, so for years I only maintained it as a home number.  As long as it's a working number and PayPal can reach you at that number if something comes up, feel free to use this approach.  Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.